With home affordability at it’s highest point in decades, there are a lot of families thinking about buying a home and need help with down payment or closing costs.
The State of California offers many options to help new home buyers afford the entry costs for achieving the American Dream of home ownership.
There are several buyer assistance programs available right now that you can and should take advantage of:
California Housing Finance Agency – CalHFA
- Assistance equal to 3% of purchase price of the home
- Can be used for down payment or closing costs
- No payments due – Deferred for life of purchase money loan
- Must be a first time home buyer unless in targeted AMI area
- Income limits based on County and number in household
- Purchase price limits based on County
Down Payment Assistance Finder
Many Cities and Counties have buyer assistance programs available from time to time and are often limited to availability of funds and very specific qualifying guidelines. By submitting the Eligibility Inquiry form above, we will research and present all available options to you.
Manager at Broadview Mortgage Katella in Orange, California, I am passionate about educating and empowering consumers. Feel free to call, text or email me at (714) 805-7268 or ScottS@broadviewmortgage.com