2017 DU Underwriting Updates
Over the weekend of July 29th, 2017, Fannie Mae rolled out it’s latest major update to Desktop Underwriter (DU), Version 10.1.
DU is Fannie Mae’s automated underwriting system that is used to decision Fannie Mae Conventional, FHA and VA home loans. DU version 10.1 rolls back some significant flexibilities that existed prior to the great real estate and mortgage crash of 2008.
In this episode, Josh Lewis and I tackle 3 of the biggest changes that could affect the most people either buying, or refinancing a home.
2017 Underwriting Updates – Making Mortgages Easier, Part 1
Posted by FindMyWayHome.com on Thursday, August 24, 2017
Links and Resources
Below you will find links to some of our most popular articles about this update that expand on the points that we touch on in this conversation.
- 6 Major Fannie Mae Guideline Updates in 2017
- Fannie Mae Loosens Debt to Income Ratios in 2017
- Fannie Mae IBR Student Loan Updates Make it Easier to Buy a Home
- How Automated Underwriting Systems Work
Get Your Questions Answered
If you are like most people that visit this website, you’ve got a mortgage problem or an unanswered question, and you’re having trouble getting answers.
We are here to help you get the right answer, the first time, and connect you with an experienced loan officer that can help.
There are several ways to ask questions, and get expert opinions on this website.
- Email me Directly: Simply click the email icon at the top of the site. These questions come directly to me and are answered very quickly.
- Leave a Comment: Below every article is the option to leave a comment or question. We see these comments and questions in real-time and every question is answered.