How to Buy a Home with Student Loans
PodCast Show Notes:
Student loans weigh heavy on many Millennial first time home buyers.
These loans will show up on your credit report when you apply for a home mortgage. Depending on the payment status of your loans, you may be in for a confusing, and frustrating ride.
Over the past couple of years lenders have taken a very strict stance on deferred, and non-amortized repayment plans on student loan debt.
As recently as April 2017, some of these guidelines have been loosened to allow for income based repayment plans to be allowed when calculating your debt to income ratios when qualifying for a mortgage.
How to Qualify for a Mortgage with Income Based Student Loan Payments
Posted by FindMyWayHome.com on Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Student Loan Links and Resources
We’ve been covering this topic for almost 2 years now, and have answered literally hundreds of questions from consumers all over the Country.
Below you will find the most popular articles covering this topic:
- Qualifying for a Mortgage with Income Based Repayment (IBR) Student Loans
- Freddie Mac Student Loan Guidelines
- Fannie Mae Student Loan Guidelines
- FHA & USDA Student Loan Guidelines
- VA Student Loan Guidelines
- Special Report: Qualifying for a Mortgage with IBR Student Loans – Click to Download
Get Your Questions Answered
If you are like most people that visit this website, you’ve got a mortgage problem or an unanswered question, and you’re having trouble getting answers.
We are here to help you get the right answer, the first time, and connect you with an experienced loan officer that can help.
There are several ways to ask questions, and get expert opinions on this website.
- Email me Directly: Simply click the email icon at the top of the site. These questions come directly to me and are answered very quickly.
- Leave a Comment: Below every article is the option to leave a comment or question. We see these comments and questions in real-time and every question is answered.