How Portfolio Loans Work
A portfolio loan is not necessarily a specific loan program, but an approach to lending that some lenders are taking that offers greater flexibility than traditional loan programs like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, VA or USDA.
Portfolio loans offer flexibility with waiting periods, income documentation, and loan amounts. These are not “hard money” loans that you’ve heard about, the interest rates and fees fall somewhere between traditional financing and hard money.
In this episode, Josh and I cover portfolio loans soup to nuts, and you should be able to walk away with a good understanding of what a portfolio loan is, and if it’s the right option for you right now.
Links and Resources
Below you will find links to some of our most popular articles about portfolio loans that expand on the points that we touch on in this conversation.
- More Options with Portfolio Mortgage Loans
- Use a Short Term Portfolio Loan to Buy Now, Save Later
- How No Waiting Period Portfolio Loans Work
- Portfolio Loan Interest Rates and Guidelines
Get Your Questions Answered
If you are like most people that visit this website, you’ve got a mortgage problem or an unanswered question, and you’re having trouble getting answers.
We are here to help you get the right answer, the first time, and connect you with an experienced loan officer that can help.
There are several ways to ask questions, and get expert opinions on this website.
- Email me Directly: Simply click the email icon at the top of the site. These questions come directly to me and are answered very quickly.
- Leave a Comment: Below every article is the option to leave a comment or question. We see these comments and questions in real-time and every question is answered.